Fame resort brought sources of mineral waters. The first mentions of their unusual properties appeared in the XV century. Archaeologists have also found material evidence of the special properties of this place: during the excavations, stone baths were discovered – proof that the healing abilities of the waters have long been used.
The waters of Borjomi attracted many distinguished persons to Georgia. Thus, the imperial house of the Romanovs was interested in medical sources: the royal family came here for healing and recreation.
In 1953, the Borjomi water production and bottling plant was opened at the resort. Nowadays, mineral water is extracted from 9 sources. Laboratory analysis was first conducted at the beginning of the XIX century.
“Borjomi” is a natural curative sodium bicarbonate water of average natural mineralization. It contains more than 80 useful chemical compounds and components, including potassium, sodium, calcium, fluorine, sulfur, silicon, magnesium, aluminum, bicarbonates, sulfates, etc.
- Due to its rich mineral composition, water is suitable for complex cleansing of the body, used for the prevention of intestinal diseases and for maintaining immunity.
- The balanced composition of water allows you to use it as a dining room, but in small dosages and on the recommendation of a doctor.
- Borjomi has a positive effect on the stomach, improving secretory function, normalizing the bowels.
- Carbon dioxide baths with water have a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system: blood circulation improves, myocardial contractile function, arterial pressure decreases.
- Favorable water and liver: drinking mode allows you to increase glycogen, regulate blood sugar levels.
- One of the indications for water use is kidney disease. Borjomi helps dissolve small uric acid stones.
- Acceleration of recovery from colds is another effective effect of water: Borjomi is used for drinking in small sips, warmed to room temperature or in a water bath.
- During pregnancy, doctors recommend drinking mineral water in very moderate doses. Borjomi helps with heartburn and saves from nausea: you just need to release gas from the water.
- The use of such active mineral water is not recommended for young children, and for older children, doctors can prescribe “Borjomi” both to cleanse the body and to increase the level of potassium.
Treatment at the spa
The resort is part of the Borjomi-Bakurian group of resorts. The territory of the resort includes the Central plot with a park, Vashlovani-Kvibissky plot, Likani, Borzhomi plateau.
The main source is located in Borzhomsky Central Park, where mineral water, which today is exported to dozens of countries around the world, can be drunk and collected for free.
Health establishments, sanatoriums, rest homes, hotels offering diagnostic procedures, medical services, and sulfur and mineral baths operate in Borjomi. All medical and hotel facilities are located near Central Park.
The resort can be diagnosed and preventive procedures:
- treatment of the gastrointestinal tract;
- clinical, biochemical, bacteriological laboratory tests;
- intestinal siphon washing;
- lavage of the stomach and duodenum;
- duodenal intubation;
- mineral water baths.
- violation of the gastrointestinal tract – ulcers and gastritis, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, etc .;
- pathology of the biliary tract;
- metabolic disorders;
- liver disease;
- kidney disease;
- women’s diseases;
- urethritis and cystitis;
- gallbladder disease;
- diseases of the nervous system and respiratory tract.