DAY 1. DAY ARRIVAL
Meet your guide at Tbilisi International Airport and transfer to hotel. Overnight in Tbilisi.
DAY 2. TBILISI / GORI / UFLISTIKHE / BORJOMI
After breakfast we start the tour.
- On this day we will visit to Mtskheta (from the 3rd century AD in the 5th century BC) – the ancient capital of Georgia which is one of the few historical sights in Georgia,
- Jvari Monastery built at the end of the 6th century on the top of a hill where the enlightener of Georgians St. Nino erected a cross (“Jvari” in Georgian),
- Svetitskhoveli Cathedral – XI century, all of them are included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- A trip to Gori, to a small town 60 km from Tbilisi, where Joseph Stalin was born, the tour participants can visit the Stalin Museum.
- After lunch in Gori, the group will visit the cave city of Uflistsikhe (1st millennium BC) through which the Great Silk Road passed.
- the tour participants will visit the city of Borjomi, which is located in a dense forest covered with the mountains of the Lesser Caucasus.
- Overnight in Borjomi hotel.
DAY 3. BORJOMI / VARDZIA / BORJOMI
After breakfast, we start the tour from the historical part of Georgia – Samtskhe.
- After a large-scale reconstruction for tourists, the Rabat fortress was opened in the Georgian city of Akhaltsikhe. The territory of Rabat covers about seven hectares. Here, in addition to Georgian, there are examples of Arab, Byzantine, Turkish and Russian architecture. Thanks to the work carried out, the historical appearance of the 9th century fortress was restored, its pools were decorated with mosaics, and an amphitheater, there were built a cafe and a hotel.
- Impressions are unique emotional. On the way to Akhaltsikhe we will visit the cave monastery Vardzia – a wonderful city with tiers and numerous caves (up to 300) located on 13 floors, one of them has a pool with spring water and a beautiful Church built in the XII century even during the reign of Queen Tamar. Here the tour participants will be able to have lunch on the river bank.
- Then return back to Borjomi, where we will visit Borjomi Park, which is the coolest and most convenient place to spend the evening in the open air.
- Dinner and overnight in hotel Borjomi.
DAY 4. BORJOMI / KUTAISI / PROMETHEUS CAVE / TSHALTUBO
After breakfast, drive to Western Georgia.
- Kutaisi is the most ancient city in the Caucasus founded more than 30 centuries ago – the ancient capital of the mythical Colchis, the residence of the legendary king Aiet. The myth of Argonaut and Golden Fleece is connected with the city of Kutaisi. Kutaisi is the second largest city in Georgia, where the Parliament of Georgia is located. We will visit the Bagrat temple (XI century) and the Gelati monastery, which was the seat of the Gelati Academy (XII century), which are on the list of the Unesco World Heritage Site.
- Lunch in Kutaisi
- After lunch, drive to the cave “Prometheus”. To date, 15 rooms have been found in the cave. The total length of the cave trail is 1060 m. Which ends at the beautiful lake. In the cave “Prometheus” you can explore the many beautiful forms of stalactites and stalagmites, petrified waterfalls, descending stone curtains. Guests can also take a boat trip on the lake in the cave itself (280 m). (Not always available). Return dinner and overnight in Tskhaltubo.
DAY 5. TSKHALTUBO / STEPANTSMINDA
After breakfast, we will go to Stepantsminda, we will visit Ananuri Castle (XVI-XVIIv) – a large, well-preserved castle on the shore of the Zhinvali reservoir belonging to the early feudal era, which served as an outpost of defense, blocking the road leading from the Darial Gorge and enjoying the amazing beauty of nature. On the way, we will also visit the Friendship Memorial. Arrival in Stepantsminda. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 6. STEPANZMINDA / TBILISI
- After breakfast, we will visit the Darial Gorge, which is known for its amazing beauty. In Stepantsminda there is the Cathedral of the “Holy Trinity” in Gergeti, which is located at an altitude of 2170 m above sea level (it is possible to climb the car 4 × 4.).
- Return to Tbilisi. Visit the monastery Jvari – located on the top of the mountain, from where an amazing view of the ancient capital city of Mtskheta is located at the confluence of two rivers.
- Arrival at the hotel Tbilisi. After a short rest, we will see evening in Tbilisi,
- dinner in a restaurant with traditional folk dances and music.
- Overnight at the hotel Tbilisi
DAY 7. TBILISI / KACHRETI
- After breakfast tour of Tbilisi. Tourists can enjoy the spirit of ancient and modern Tbilisi by visiting the famous sulfur baths, Narikala Fortress (1st century), Metekhi Church (VIth century) and the Sameba Cathedral (Holy Trinity), built in the 21st century and taking first place in volume to the world.
- In the evening we will visit historic region of Georgia – Kakheti, In Kachreti there is hotel and we will rest there. In It’s territory you can take part in golf competitions, play tennis, play billiards and have a delicious meal in Georgian cuisine.
- Overnight in Kachreti.
DAY 8. KACHRETI / SIGHNAGHI / DEPARTURE
- A trip to the historical region of Georgia – Kakheti, which is the cradle of winemaking.
- Lunch and wine tasting in Signagi. Signals is a very romantic, very beautiful, small and cozy city, which is a city of music, art, love … Participants in the tour of the city of the Greater Caucasus.
- After lunch we will visit Bodbe (4th century)
- Return to Tbilisi. Transfer to Tbilisi International Airport.
- End tour
- Transfer to and from the airport
- All transfers during the tour
- Guide service (English, Russian, Arabic, Persian, Germany, France, Japan speaking guide)
- Accommodation in hotel
- Meals: Bed and breackfast
The price does not include:
- Flight tickets.
- Travel insurance.
- Entrance tickets.
prices: in USD per person